Thursday, December 20, 2007

Stinson, Rest In Peace

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.”
~ Robert Benchley, an American humorist
On this cold and gray day a member of our family passed.

Stinson, a 155 lbs Labrador Rottweiler mix, ended his spectacular life on this earth.

If you ever met him, you fell in love with him. He was Clifford... big, goofy, all love and kisses.

His bark was from deep down and it would rattle the entire house. A good watch dog?

Are you kidding?

We always said if a burglar came in the house "stinky", as I would come to call him, would probably lick him the whole time he was robbing us and then leave with the guy.

He was all personality and will be missed. Words will never describe him well enough... as such, I'll just stop now.

We have him forever in our memories... we are lucky he chose to love us.

AP
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.


W.H. Auden