Tuesday, August 07, 2007

756

"To my dad... thank you for everything." ~ Barry Bonds, Major League Baseball player with the San Francisco Giants, through tears as he pointed to the sky.
I was born and raised in San Francisco. I bleed orange and black no matter where I hang my hat.

Today, my family and I witnessed history, albeit on TV. AND as always.... he hit it to the deepest part of the ballpark.

Yes... Barry Bonds hit career home run No. 756 Tuesday night. Like him or not, he is baseball's new home run king. Barry broke Hank Aaron's storied record in the fifth inning, connecting on a 3-2 pitch from Washington's Mike Bacsik.

"Thank you very much. I got to thank all of you, all the fans here in San Francisco. It's been fantastic," he said shortly after crossing home plate, his godfather, Willie Mays, at his side.

"I got to thank my teammates. Through all of this, you've been strong and given me all the support I needed and I'll never forget it as long as I live."


To the Nationals, he said: "Thank you for understanding this game. It means a lot to me."

A seven-time NL MVP, the 43-year-old Bonds hit his 22nd home run of the year.

What does this have to do with web marketing? Absolutley nothing... and frankly I don't care.

Thank you Barry.