Thursday, April 26, 2007

King Of The World

"I go on working for the same reason that
a hen goes on laying eggs."

- H. L. Mencken
Welcome to Create Value or Die.

I've been traveling but I'm back in Baltimore and ready to continue our conversation on email marketing and value driven Internet marketing.

Jet lag is hard enough... but when you add in an 8 week old baby girl who does not sleep through the night and a 4 year boy who wants constant attention since he misses his Dad... you get a sleepy editor. But I digress...

Since my return to the office I spent most of my time catching up on emails and phone calls... but one thing did cross my desk that I thought would be of interest to you.

Google became King of the world!

Google Inc. recently passed Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo! Inc. to become the owner of the world's most-visited group of Web sites.

Google's sites had 528 million visitors worldwide in March, a 13 percent gain from the same month a year ago according to the research firm ComScore. Microsoft had 527 million, while Yahoo had 476.3 million.

Google already is the most-popular Internet search engine, drawing 48 percent of U.S. queries... but never before had it been number one in traffic. So it's official...

Google is our master that we must satisfy.

This is nothing new to loyal readers… I’ve been preaching marketing to satisfy Google for the last year.

AND this new traffic high should be no surprise... with the acquisition of YouTube.com, the launch of new services PLUS the next companies it will go after... the simple fact is Google is growing faster than both its biggest rivals.

Not to say I told you so but… do you remember my predictions issue posted December 29, 2006?

My #1 prediction was about the coming growth of Google. The direct quote that best describes Google’s dominance was… "Google is the shit. And they know it."

What can I say I have a way with words. It must have been too much New Years wine.

AP

PS - I brought in 2,466 new e-letter readers to my list while I was away - how is your list doing?