Saturday, February 23, 2008

Nora Patricia Palmer

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner, American comedienne and actress
Dear Loyal CVoD readers,

I'd like to apologize for being away from the blog for the past few weeks. Come March I'll get back to the 4 or more scheduled posts per month. Where have I been?

Life happened.

To paraphrase the late John Lennon...

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans"

...and life hit me right between the eyes. On the evening of Sunday Feb 10th, my Mom passed away of Cancer. She was 75.

I have now buried my Mom and my Dad...

I've tried to write about this on the blog many time but words fail me. I did give her eulogy at her Memorial Service and that was the toughest thing I've ever written. The hardest speech I've ever delivered.

I want to eventually post it here in tribute but it's too soon.

So as we morn... I just want all of you to know... in my best Governor of California accent, " I'll be back!"

Here's to you Mom... thanks for doing the best you could, and teaching us how to raise our children. We love you and miss you!


AP


Nora Patricia Palmer 75, originally of Brooklyn, NY, entered into rest on February 10, 2008 at home in San Mateo. Patt, as she was known by friends, was a resident of San Mateo County for the past 50 years.

Beloved daughter of the late George and Agnes Quigg; dear sister of Eileen Cavanaugh, Mary Gunsten and the late George Quigg, and Jackie Quigg; loving mother of Stacey Calonico and her husband James, and Andrew Palmer and his wife Angela; cherished grandmother of Christina Calonico, James Calonico, Jr., Keegan Palmer and Eleanor Palmer. She will also be greatly missed by her many nieces and nephews and their families; and many dear friends.

In lieu of flowers, remembrances in her memory may be made to Mission Hospice San Mateo County, 1900 O'Farrell Street, Suite 200, San Mateo, CA 94403 Tel: 650-554-1000 www.missionhospice.org/donate.htm

Now... go have a cup of tea & a piece of soda bread Mom, and rest in peace.