Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lucky Bastard Hits 100

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." ~ Bob Dylan, American Musician & Poet
Congratulations CvoD!

It's our 100th issue.

Life is a funny thing... I never expected to have a blog, to be a writer, nor have people call me a marketing Guru... but here I am. And there is no place I'd rather be.

The CVoD blog has been more work than I'd have ever imagined. But I love it. Why do I do it?

I started this so I would have a place to discuss web marketing for and with colleagues. A place to put up slides from presentations... and follow up on current industry trends. But it's grown well beyond that.

It's become it's own entity, and I am proud to be a part of it.

Bottom line: I do it for me, for you and for baby Ella. One day she'll ask,"What do you do Dad?"

And I'll give her the CVoD URL and say, "...read this."

Trust me, it's easier to forward a CVoD link than to explain this crazy thing we call Internet Marketing in a simple sound bite. My expertise requires too many specifics, too many intangibles, and too many late nights with the laptop.

Like I said, no place I'd rather be.

AP