"A business exists because the consumer is willing to pay you his money. You run a business to satisfy the consumer. That isn't marketing. That goes way beyond marketing." ~ Peter F. Drucker, American managment guru, (1909 - 2005)In his book, Writing White Papers, Michael Stelzner reveals his secrets for creating compelling white papers that attract readers in droves. He has written more than 100 white papers for recognized companies, including Microsoft, FedEx, Motorola, Monster, HP and SAP.
In his Writing White Papers Blog Micheal recently asked readers to submit nominations for the Top 10 Marketing Blogs.
Judging by his staff is now complete and here are the results:
1. Seth Godin’s Blog: Seth Godin finds marketing insight everywhere – make him a daily read.All these folks excel at sharing their insight and craft with the world. Check these additional blogs out.
2. MarketingProfs Daily Fix Blog: Many of the marketing world’s greatest minds share their wisdom here.
3. Duct Tape Marketing Blog: This blog is a gold mine for small businesses and includes regular insights that are easy to implement.
4. Techno//Marketer: A very good blog on leveraging online tools for marketing (and includes helpful videos).
5. Buzz Marketing for Technology: This excellent blog, by BearingPoint’s Paul Dunay, helps businesses learn how to stand out in a noisy world.
6. Create Value or Die: The title of this blog says it all. Learn how to create value for visitors.
7. Web Ink Now: The ultimate stop for learning how to generate publicity for your business, from author David Meerman Scott.
8. Web Strategy by Jeremiah: Great social networking blog with embedded podcasts (for those of us who are reading-challenged) by Forrester analyst Jeremiah Owyang.
9. The Buzz Bin: Excellent social media and PR blog by author Geoff Livingston.
10. Diva Marketing Blog: A cornucopia of marketing insight comes from marketing diva Toby Bloomberg.
Read the ones that pertain to your marketing and you will greatly advance your knowledge. There is some really good stuff here.